MEDICAL DOCTOR, FUNCTIONAL ASSESSOR in Hastings
Full time or Part-time (3dpw +) Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Circa £72,000 + comprehensive benefits package
Exciting new opportunities are now available nationwide working for our new client, who provides functional assessment services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
Full-time or part-time opportunities nationwide, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or from 3 days per week (full time commitment required for initial 2 months).
sjb medical is recruiting experienced Registered Medical Practitioners to work within the exciting and challenging area of functional assessment. No prior experience necessary, full Sector of State approved training provided with opportunities of working towards accreditation.
All roles commence with a comprehensive induction and training programme. Once through training you will work from a local office undertaking a thorough functional assessment of each client and subsequent medical reporting which enable the DWP to make informed decisions about eligibility across a range of benefit types.
Day to day you will be working within a local multidisciplinary team, in one of over 140 offices nationwide. The role involves conducting functional assessments and medical reporting through the use of IT (requires typing and PC use).
The competitive starting salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Comprehensive training with certification once accredited in the role
- Reimbursement of your annual GMC fees
- Contributory pension
- Private Medical Scheme
- Full GMC appraisal and revalidation responsibilities
- Medical Indemnity Cover and protected CPD
- 25 days’ annual leave plus option for additional holiday purchase, or for selling annual leave back to the company
- Cycle to work scheme
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Qualifications as a Registered Medical Practitioner
- Minimum 2 years’ medical experience (post FY1)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK (Unfortunately no sponsorship opportunities are available)
- Full unconditional* registration with the GMC and a valid licence to practise
* Unless a condition relates to a health condition or disability)
To apply, please upload your CV online, email sjb medical firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7832 1980 for further information.