Resident Medical Officer - Oncology Doctor
On behalf of a prestigious client, sjb medical are currently recruiting a Resident Medical Officer to be part of the brand new clinical team based in London. Working alongside world-renowned experts, you will have the ability to grow and develop your nursing career at the forefront of the healthcare industry whilst reaping the reward of competitive salaries and exclusive employee benefits package.
The Resident Medical Officer will be part of a team that provides medical support to patients and immediate life support to any patient, visitor of staff member as required. The post holder will also: assist in the management of patients, provide back up support for consultants, and develop and maintain close working relationships with consultant users, clinical and other staff in the hospital/clinic.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To provide medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty
- To review and maintain legible clinical notes on a regular basis
- To be responsible for checking outpatient medication requirements (TTO’s) and checking protocols and approving medication
- To undertake certain medical procedures as required including venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, ECG’s etc
- To carry out a comprehensive handover from outgoing RMO to incoming RMO on a daily basis
- To assess patients at the request of nurses in charge/nurses and manage any emergencies which may arise with the guidance of the consultant in charge
- To maintain a high standard of work and uphold the professional image of Leaders in Oncology Care
- To maintain a safe working environment in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
Skills & Experience
- MBBS qualification (or equivalent medical qualification) and fully Registered with the GMC
- Advanced Life Support provider
- Evidence of achievement of CT/ST1 & 2 competences in a surgical or medical specialty
- Oncology and/or haematology experience
- Continuous experience in the UK in a post at SHO level or above
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate about medical topics with patients and colleagues
About The Individual
The successful candidate will have a passion for customer service and a desire to provide an exceptional patient experience. They should also be an excellent communicator, professional at all times, have the ability to prioritise workload and recognise limitations. The ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team is essential.
To find out more about this opportunity and how to apply, please get in contact with SJB Medical directly on 020 7832 1980 or simply click Apply and provide us with your most up to date CV for consideration.