On behalf of a unique private hospital specialising in cardiac, cancer and neuroscience, sjb medical are seeking a Paediatric Doctor - RMO Lead.
The role of the Resident Medical Officer Lead is to play a lead role in a major aspect of the paediatric service, be involved in the management of clinical services and participate in the supervision, training and recruitment of paediatric doctors. (RMO's). You will be fully involved in Registrar level clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care of all children attending in a 60-bed paediatric unit, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met.
• Contract Type: Permanent
• Work Hours: Monday to Friday - Days shifts Only
• Highly competitive salary and employment benefits package - our client is supportive of training and offers study leave and funding
Duties & Responsibilities
• Work in a highly experienced and specialist multicultural and multidispinary team, alongside leading Consultants and specialist nurses and Paediatric Site Practitioners.
• Participate in the identification of the educational programme and provide training, support and supervision to Resident Medical Officers and nursing staff.
• Attend deliveries as required to look after newborns in our maternity unit
In conjunction with our Neonatal Consultants manage babies on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
• Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required
• Take part in ward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients.
• Attend Paediatric Committee and other relevant meetings as required.
Skills & Experience
• You should be medically qualified (MBBS or equivalent) with full GMC registration, and have Membership of the Royal College of Paediatrics & Child Health, or equivalent experience.
• Exceptional communication skills, leadership and mentorship skills and compassionate medical skills.
• Ability to work without direct supervision and demonstrate good clinical practice at all times to be a role model to others.
• Significant post qualification experience in paediatrics including Neonates - ST5 Level or equivalent and above.
• Must be about to initiate and control all aspects of Paediatric resuscitation.
To find out more about this opportunity and how to apply, please get in contact with SJB Medical directly on 020 7832 1980 or simply click Apply and provide us with your most up to date CV for consideration.