On behalf of a prestigious client, sjb medical are recruiting a Resident Medical Officer ( RMO ) SPR Cardiac Doctor for a London based opportunity. This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning clinic specialising in complex, cancer, cardiac and neuroscience, care for both adults and children.
We are recruiting for Resident Medical Officers – Cardiac Doctors equivalent to NHS ST4 and above SPR Registrar level. Permanent contract – Weekly rota of 12 and/or 24 hours shifts. Full and part time contracts available.
- Funded Study Leave;
- Guaranteed annual salary review and appraisals;
- Private Pension;
- 25 days annual leave (with the option to buy or sell up to five days annual leave)
- Life Assurance (equivalent to two times your annual salary)
- Season ticket loan (of up to the value of £10,000)
- Continuous training
Duties & Responsibilities:
- As a Resident Medical Officer, you will work as Registrar level with clinical duties and will play a vital role in managing the medical care, working closely with Consultants to ensure that patients’ treatment and care needs are met. All patients are admitted under a Consultant who is responsible for management.
- Responsible for providing medical cover, routine and emergency during hours of duty. Undertake a daily ward round with a member of the nursing staff and/or Consultant Specialist . Admit and clerk patients, take blood samples as requested, countersign any drug instructions given by the consultants.
- Undertake certain routine medical procedures as required such as; venepuncture, setting up an intravenous infusion, inserting a urinary catheter, arterial blood sampling, or ECGs. Take part inward audits and research to continuous improve and strive for excellence, for staff and patients. Attend Committee, in-house training and other relevant meetings as required.
Skills & Experience:
• Management of acute related emergencies. MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
• Fully registered with the GMC and current licence to practice.
• SPR/Registrar Level Cardiac practice experience essential
• Evidence of achievement of Foundation competences from a UKFPO affiliated Foundation Programme
• Evidence of successful completion of CT/ST1 & 2 training/competences
• Post holder must hold current ALS certificate