Job Title: PIP Clinical Assessor
Role Description: Medical Assessment and Reporting Opportunity for Nurses, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Paramedics
Base Location: Edinburgh
Starting Salary: Band 6 (£26,302 - £35,225 per annum)
Hours: Part-time (3 or 4 days per week), 9am to 5pm
In partnership with NHS Lanarkshire, sjb medical are recruiting registered healthcare practitioners to undertake face to face functional assessments on behalf the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). As a clinical assessor, you will be analysing how an individual’s disabilities or impairments impact on their activities of daily living and produce detailed reports based on these assessments.
Upon commencement of employment, you will receive full training inclusive of e-learning and personal mentoring. By joining this organisation you will be offered excellent prospects for career progression and professional development.
Key responsibilities as a PIP Clinical Assessor:
- Carrying out face to face PIP disability assessments for a broad range of clinical scenarios
- Delivering an excellent standard of customer service, treating claimants with respect and performing assessments in a supportive manner
- Communicating assessment outcomes by producing a high standard of written report
- Undertaking other duties as required on request of senior staff
This is an NHS Band 6 position; benefits of the role include:
- Joining a multi-disciplinary organisation that encourages opportunities for personal development
- Partaking in a multi-stage induction programme and further receiving 4 protected study days per annum
- Twice annual opportunity for pay enhancement, 1 spinal point and 1 national pay increase
- Regular opportunities to work closely with your managers all of whom are experienced clinicians
- Holiday entitlement including 27 days per year as standard, plus 8 general and public holidays
- An excellent pension scheme that is one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK
- A range of flexible benefits including occupational health and counselling services
To be considered for this position you should meet the following criteria:
- HCPC/NMC registration as relevent, with a minimum of 2 years’ post registration experience
- Excellent clinical, communication and interpersonal skills and basic IT abilities (MS word)
- Hold appropriate knowledge of the clinical aspects of a wide range of health conditions
- Highly organised and able to plan your own workload
Applications are welcomed from Physiotherapists, Nurses (RGNs, RMNs, RNLDS) and Occupational Therapists (NMC / HCPC registered).
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a large and successful organisation. If you are interested to find out more about this opportunity, please contact sjb medical on 020 7832 1980 to speak with an experienced recruitment consultant, or simply click apply.
Jobs in Edinburgh – Physiotherapist Jobs in Edinburgh – Physiotherapist – Nurse – Paramedic – Occupational Therapist – Health Assessment – Disability Assessment – Band 6 jobs – NHS Jobs in Edinburgh