Newly Qualified Nurses
Caring, enthusiastic and passionate about nursing? This focused and tailored programme will provide you with the best start to your career in Mental Health with the UK's leading Mental Health Provider
My client's adolescent intensive care unit accepts admissions from all over the UK with a view to discharging service users back to their local area as soon as they are ready. They provide support clients every step of the way, supported by a dedicated, multidisciplinary team, including a unique education programme to ensure their studies are as uninterrupted as possible. The hospital is also home to low secure facilities for men and women, with a whole range of therapies and services on offer to treat service users with mental health issues and related problems such as self-harm, substance misuse, anger and behaviour management.
A newly qualified nurse, you’ll engage in a period of preceptorship during your first six months of employment, ensuring your career receives the best possible start. Offering flexibility to accommodate individual needs, my client will help to prepare you for your professional role and encourage best practice.
The programme includes:
- Support from the Preceptorship Development Manager
- Minimum two shifts per week working with your nominated preceptor
- Preceptee supernumery 1st week on ward
- Monthly CPD Days off the ward (specialist and general)
- Clinical supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Managerial supervision, minimum 1 session per month
- Preceptee Group Meetings on site and across the group
- Pay rise on completion of preceptorship
- Certificate and letter of completion
- Excellent training opportunities
An action plan will then be created by you and your preceptor for the following six months to enhance identified strengths and address areas of development, taking you to your first annual appraisal.
In return, you’ll be given training and tailored professional development opportunities. You’ll also receive excellent staff benefits. My client has a clear nursing strategy which has been developed by front line staff. Our clinical care is underpinned by strong values and we have a commitment to reducing restrictive practice.
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary and a range of benefits including:
- Teaching and CPD programmes
- Generous study and exam leave
- Financial support for further training and personal development
- Active participation in clinical governance
- Appraisal and peer supervision
- Possible rotation between services
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free life insurance
- Free meals on duty
- Comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre
- Health Cash Plan