Functional Assessor, Physiotherapist, Plymouth
£38,000 + Industry leading benefits package
On behalf of our client the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, sjb medical is recruiting Physiotherapists to work within the exciting and challenging area of Disability and Functional Assessment.
This is a really exciting time to be joining the service with opportunities nationwide to undertake functional assessments on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), of those in receipt of or claiming benefits. Working in functional assessment is an excellent way of utilising your clinical expertise in a professional setting.
- Undertaking thorough face-to-face functional health assessments, reviewing medical evidence and writing subsequent detailed reports, enabling the DWP to make informed decisions about eligibility across a range of benefit types
- Permanent opportunity with full time or part time hours Monday to Friday
- Comprehensive training provided, for which you are paid a full-time salary with accreditation in functional assessment
- Local health assessment centres, regional HQ and offices nationwide
Your Excellent Benefits Package:
- Excellent career growth and promotional opportunities
- No nights, weekends or bank holidays and structured 9am - 5pm working hours
- HCPC fee reimbursement and revalidation support
- Pension scheme and private medical insurance
- Medical indemnity cover and protected CPD
- 25 days annual leave plus option to buy more and sell back days
Minimum requirements for Healthcare practitioner, functional assessor
- Minimum 2 years broad-based post-registration experience
- Recent experience working with adults with a range of clinical conditions within the past five years
- Completion of a hospital rotation including a neuro, respiratory and musculoskeletal is advantageous
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Full unconditional* registration with the HCPC as a Physiotherapist
- *Unless a condition related to a health condition or disability
How to apply or for further information
sjb medical is the appointed recruitment partner for this position, to apply please send your CV and contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively please telephone 020 7832 1980 for further information.
Useful links: To research this Physiotherapist Job opportunity further, we suggest that you read more about jobs in functional assessment, the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments and the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP):
Information about the service https://www.chdauk.co.uk/partnership-dwp
Information about the assessment process https://www.chdauk.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions
Information about employment support allowance and the work capability assessment https://www.gov.uk/employment-support-allowance/eligibility
Please note that any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory DBS check, unconditional registration with your respective professional body and satisfactory references.