Commuting Registered Medical Practitioner (mobile peripatetic role)
Full time Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week
Excellent starting salary £90,000 + full corporate benefits package (£8,000 car allowance)
- 1 week at base, then 3 weeks away
- 1 month at base, then 3 months away
Medical Doctors seeking a mobile peripatetic role - great new opportunities are now available working with our new client who provides functional assessment services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). Full-time opportunities nationwide, 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. In this position you will be trained centrally and then posted to any of 140 offices nationwide, support is offered with travel and accommodation.
- Training delivered centrally
- Locum doctor-style postings nationwide for up to 3 months
- Travel and accommodation covered (where a hotel)
- Meals paid for (where based in a hotel)
Experienced registered medical practitioners sought with no prior experience necessary, full training provided with opportunities of working towards accreditation in Disability Assessment.
All of our roles commence with a detailed induction and training programme. Once training is complete, you will work from a local office undertaking a thorough functional assessment for each client and alongside also conducting medical reporting which will allow DWP conclude informed decisions concerning eligibility across various benefit types.
Typical, day to day activities will involve working within a local multidisciplinary team, within one of over 140 offices nationwide. This role involves conducting functional assessment and medical reporting which would require good IT skills (requires typing and PC use).
The competitive starting salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Car allowance of up to £8,000 per year
- Business travel reimbursed at HRMC rates (mileage)
- Temporary housing will be provided
- Comprehensive training with certification once accredited in the role
- Reimbursement of your annual GMC fees
- Contributory pension
- Private Medical Scheme
- Full GMC appraisal and revalidation service
- Medical Indemnity Cover and protected CPD
- 25 days’ annual leave plus option for additional holiday purchase, or for selling annual leave back to the company
- Cycle to work scheme
Minimum requirements for the role:
- Qualifications as a Registered Medical Practitioner
- Minimum 2 years’ medical experience (post FY1)
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK (Unfortunately no sponsorship opportunities are available)
- Full unconditional* registration with the GMC and a valid licence to practice
* Unless a condition relates to a health condition or disability)
To apply, please upload your CV online, email sjb medical email@example.com or call 020 7832 1980 for further information.