Disability Assessor - Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Physiotherapist, OT
Starting salary: £34,000 + Generous Benefits Package
Type: Permanent, Full or Part Time
Hours: Full Time 37.5hrs per week, Part Time Minimum 22.5hrs
sjb medical is proud to be seeking talented health practitioners for a fresh opportunity within the nation's leading provider of outsourcing and support service solutions.
Joining an established organisation with over 70,000 employees, you will become a proficient and qualified PIP (Personal Independence Payment) Disability Assessor.
What's on offer?
Due to the broad range of conditions and disabilities you will encounter no two days will be the same, you will therefore develop plenty of new skills both professional and behavioural.
* You will embark on a 5-week intensive training course (fully paid). Beyond this and going forward, you will receive close mentorship, development and full support from colleagues, plus ongoing CPD to keep you up to date and eligible for revalidation
* You will enjoy a more conventional work-life balance - with no nights and all bank holidays off including Christmas
* Support in realising and fulfilling your potential whatever this means to you - Opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career are almost endless
* 23 day's holiday per annum, pension scheme, ample rewards and access to voluntary benefit options including; share plan schemes, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle
* Meet face to face with customers and ascertain how their health condition and /or disability affects their daily lives, allowing you to complete detailed assessments and write reports on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
* Conduct observations and assessments on an individual's capacity to carry out functional activities, analysing clinical information to support assessments
* Compile a comprehensive report in a professional and concise manner, including a detailed history and conclusion from evidence gathered to support DWP in their decision-making
* Two years' post-registration experience as an Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Nurse or Paramedic and evidence of continuing professional development
* Ability to use Microsoft Office packages and type whilst conducting an assessment
* Hold a full current Driving Licence with access to a car
The role of Disability Assessor requires excellent observational and decision-making skills, along with the well-balanced mixture of interpersonal and clinical skills. You will be applying your empathetic manner and desire to care, working within a system that is designed to help those who need it. You'll deliver a service that makes you feel a part of the 'bigger picture'.
What we hope you will do next
This is an excellent opportunity for nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and paramedics to work within an organisation committed to providing a quality service. To find out more please contact sjb medical on 07341737010 for an informal discussion or apply online using the method below.