As a pharmacy technician you will be required to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support administration of medicines and prescription pathways.
This important and essential role offers a welcoming team environment with ample support from team members and colleagues.
This is a full-time position where participation in weekend and bank holiday will be required.
What's on offer?
* A second to none training package, exceptional personal and professional development opportunities which ensure you will reach your full potential
* A wide-ranging suite of high quality courses which offer both online and face to face learning opportunities
* Upon passing probation, learning offerings also include external courses of your choice
* Subsidised meals from £1.50 in the on-site canteen
* NHS benefits package including one of the UK's best pension scheme and 27 days per year, plus eight general and public holidays
What does the role involve?
* Work with the wider healthcare and prison team to ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care, particularly in the delivery of medicines management systems
* Safely administer medicine according to Bristol Community Health Medicines Management Policy and local Standard Operating Procedures
* Supervise and support whole system of medicines administration
* Work within other areas of the wider pharmacy team in order to meet needs of service
* Partake in clinical supervision in line with organisational policy
* Supervise and administer and supply medication as necessary, observing effects and side effects, regularly updating knowledge of commonly prescribed medicines
* To liaise with pharmacy suppliers to ensure the accurate and timely supply of stock and non-stock pharmaceuticals for clinical areas
* To assist in resolving problems involving the prescribing, administration, and operational aspects of medicines management
* Provide brief advice to patients about their medicines
* Assist in the training of other healthcare staff, in medicines management, as required
What skills/qualifications are required?
* Registered Pharmacy Technician (GPhC) or Nurse (NMC)
* NVQ in Pharmacy Services/ Nursing degree or equivalent qualification
* Excellent customer service skills plus a high level of both written and verbal communication
* IT literacy, including input of data onto clinical IT systems, use of email and Microsoft Office applications
* Experience of working within a pharmacy team setting
* Extensive experience and the understanding of working within Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
To find out more about this band 5 pharmacy technician/nurse opportunity please contact sjb medical.