Medical Doctor, Functional Assessor in Crewe
Role Description: Medical Assessment and Reporting Opportunity for Doctors
Starting Salary: £72,000 + Comprehensive Benefits Package
Hours: Monday to Friday, Full-time (37.5 hours) or Part-time (3 days+ p/w)
Exciting opportunities are now available undertaking the role of Functional Health Assessor in Crewe.
sjb medical are recruiting experienced Registered Medical Practitioners to work with a leading provider of functional health assessment and reporting services on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
All roles commence with a comprehensive induction programme and full sector of state approved training is provided with opportunities of working towards accreditation.
Full-time and part-time positions are available, working a minimum of three days per week - Monday to Friday with structured 9am-5pm working hours.
* Undertaking thorough face-to-face functional health assessments, reviewing medical evidence and writing subsequent detailed reports, enabling the DWP to make informed decisions about eligibility across a range of benefit types
* Carrying out file-work and providing comprehensive reports for a broad range of clinical conditions
* Participating in a local multidisciplinary team, in one of over 150 offices nationwide
Your Excellent Benefits Package:
* Comprehensive training for initial 2 months with certification once accredited as a Functional Assessor
* Excellent career growth and promotional opportunities
* No nights, weekends or bank holidays, no on-call and structured working hours
* GMC fee reimbursement and revalidation support
* Contributory pension, cycle to work scheme and private medical insurance
* Medical indemnity cover and protected CPD
* 25 days annual leave plus option to buy more and sell back days
To be considered for this role, the minimum requirements are as follows:
* Full registration with the GMC as a Medical Practitioner and a valid licence to practise
* Minimum 2 years general medical experience (post FY1), working primarily in patient-focused roles dealing with a wide range of clinical conditions in the last 5 years
* Eligibility to live and work in the UK (unfortunately no sponsorship opportunities are available)
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills and basic IT abilities (MS Word)
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a large and successful organisation. To apply, please upload your CV online, email sjb medical or call 020 7832 1980for further information.