Job title - Disability Assessor
Salary - £32,000 + generous benefits (worth up to £9000)
Location - Birkenhead
Contract - Full time and part time
Are you a highly motivated Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic who's looking for a new, rewarding challenge and a chance to vastly improve your work/life balance?
If so, Independent Assessment Services has an excellent and unrivalled opportunity for you to develop your skills and qualify as a Disability Assessor.
Your primary role as a Disability Assessor will be to conduct assessments in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) - a benefit designed to help support people who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities.
* Nurses (RGNs, RMNs, RNLDs)
* Occupational Therapists
* Valid driver's licence (required for roles outside the M25)
* 2 years post qualification experience
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more.
Life as a Disability Assessor
You'll benefit from comprehensive full-time training, coaching, mentoring and day-to-day support. The initial 20-week induction programme will teach you to complete assessments and write reports on behalf of DWP. Support is ongoing and will allow you to become a proficient and qualified Disability Assessor.
Due to the broad range of conditions and disabilities you will encounter, each day will be different and varied. There are clear prospects for career advancement and professional development, with your existing clinical knowledge being enhanced through the varied nature of the role. You will be conducting assessments through a combination of home consultation visits, assessment centre-based appointments and paper based reviews. You will use your existing, and newly acquired skills, to determine how a person's health condition or disability is impacting their daily life, whilst recognising that individuals may be affected in different ways.
While the role is autonomous, you will have the excellent benefit of being able to share knowledge with a team made up of physiotherapists, occupational therapists, paramedics and nurses from the fields of mental health, general nursing and learning disabilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career, take on new and exciting challenges, and enjoy a genuine work/life balance within an established organisation.
To find out more please contact sjb medical on 020 7832 1980 for an informal discussion, email us at or apply online.