Are you a highly motivated Nurse, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist or Paramedic looking for a rewarding new challenge and a chance to progress your career?
If so, Independent Assessment Services has an excellent opportunity for you to develop your existing skills and qualify as a Disability Assessor. You'll be rewarded with a fantastic benefits package, with no weekend work required.
Your primary role will be to source clinical data from external health professionals, such as GPs, specialist nurses and consultants. You'll use this information to critically analyse medical evidence to complete a paper based report in line with the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) guidelines for Personal Independence Payment (PIP), a benefit designed to help support people who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities. You'll also be asked to liaise with end of life services to prepare terminal illness cases to support claimants in the PIP process, swiftly and compassionately.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for ensuring claimants are supported through the process by using your clinical skills and expertise.
This is an office based role and no two days will ever be the same. Given the wide range of conditions and disabilities you will be analysing, each day will contribute to your expanding clinical knowledge.
You'll receive comprehensive training and have the ongoing support from a range of health professionals.
* Nurses (RGNs, RMNs, RNLDs)
* Occupational Therapists
* Two years post-qualification experience
* Driving licence is preferable
* 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
* Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC/HCPC registration fee
* Health screening every two years (after one years service)
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* Flexible benefits tailored to your needs including travel or dental insurance, cycle to work scheme and more
* Award-winning Employee Support Networks - As we strive to be diverse and inclusive, you´ll have access to six Employee Support Networks for support and advice you in different areas: Members of the Armed Forces (Armed Forces Network, which received the Golden Award 2016), Generational Diversity (Aeon Network), Ability (Adapt Network), Gender (Aspire Network), LGBT + and friends (Pride Network), and Cultural (Together Network).