The feeling that you're valued. Hours that let you enjoy life to the full. Rewards that match your skills. For experienced Paramedics, becoming a Disability Assessor with IAS (Independent Assessment Services) makes sense on many levels. With a fantastic benefits package (including 25 days holiday) and no work at weekends, it's a worthwhile role where you can have work-life balance - and job satisfaction too.
Disability Assessors conduct consultations with people seeking the Personal Independence Payment (PIP). It's a benefit designed to help people who are living with long-term health conditions or disabilities. Working to guidelines set out by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), you'll use your expert medical knowledge to make accurate evaluations. Every case is different - so no two days are ever the same.
You'll meet people with a wide range of conditions and disabilities through face-to-face consultations. You could be visiting them in their homes or welcoming them to the consultation centre. Either way, you'll produce paper-based reviews and expand your clinical knowledge, as you handle diverse cases that broaden your experience.
Rest assured that we'll give you the training to do an amazing job. There's a 20-week induction plus ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals. Just bring practical experience as a qualified Paramedic and a valid drivers' licence (for roles outside the M25). You'll find our thorough in-house development is well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration.
Various roles are available including Back Office positions. Whichever one you pick, you can expect excellent benefits, including:
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
* Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual professional registration fee
* Health screening every two years (after one year's service)
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development, well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* Flexible benefits tailored to your needs including travel or dental insurance, cycle to work scheme and more.
* Award-winning Employee Support Networks - To encourage a diverse team and make sure everyone feels welcome and included, there are six Employee Support Networks for various groups: Members of the Armed Forces (Armed Forces Network, which received the Golden Award 2016), Generational Diversity (Aeon Network), Ability (Adapt Network), Gender (Aspire Network), LGBT + and friends (Pride Network), and Cultural (Together Network).
To boost your work-life balance and advance your career, apply now.