Disability Assessor - Office Based
Are you an experienced Healthcare Professional looking for a fresh career challenge in a new environment?
We are looking for qualified Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Paramedics and Nurses with clinical knowledge and experience for an exciting new role when you are ready for a change, right now or in the near future.
In this varied role as a Disability Assessor you will:
* Be the first point of contact for individuals with a wide range of health conditions and disabilities.
* Clinically evaluate all evidence from the claimant to determine their journey
* Liaise with a wide range of clinical peers across the NHS and private healthcare sector to produce detailed case reports and evaluate evidence from PIP (Personal Independence Payment) claimants
* Be able to type 30 words per minute on a keyboard accurately and have the ability to type notes during a conversation
* Draw on your experience as a clinical expert in your area. It is not essential but you may currently hold a membership to CSP, CoP, RCOT, NMC or RCN as a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Nurse or Paramedic
This is primarily an office-based role however, you have the flexibility to work various shift patterns between the core hours of 8am - 6pm. There are also ample opportunities for progression for this role into specialist positions and more senior positions across the business.
Every case is different, and no two days are ever the same, so to thrive in this role as a Disability Assessor will need to:
* Demonstrate a minimum of two years' experience as a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Paramedic, Nurse or Doctor
* Be HCPC / NMC registered
* Enjoy liaising with clinical colleagues and learning about a wide range of health conditions
* Have good communication and strong interpersonal skills
We will provide all the training you will need to transition into this new role as a Disability Assessor through a robust induction programme and ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals. You'll find our thorough in-house development is well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional clinical registration.
In return you can expect excellent benefits, including:
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
* Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual professional registration fee
* Health screening every two years (after one year's service)
* Flexible benefits tailored to your needs including travel or dental insurance, cycle to work scheme and more
We know you want to use your medical skills to support the nation at this difficult time, so we can offer various start dates for when you are ready to move.
Click apply now to enjoy expert training, skills development, generous benefits and a great work/life balance.
Rest assured, during the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government - there will be no face to face interviews.
Independent Assessment Services are a Disability Confident Employer and in The Times Top 50 employers for women. They also have award-winning Employee Support Networks - To encourage a diverse team and make sure everyone feels welcome and included, there are seven Employee Support Networks for various groups: Members of the Armed Forces (Armed Forces Network, which received the Golden Award 2016), Generational Diversity (Aeon Network), Ability (Adapt Network), Gender (Aspire Network), LGBT + and friends (Pride Network), Cultural (Together Network), and Returners to Work.