Are you an experienced Healthcare Professional looking for a fresh career challenge and an opportunity to develop your clinical skills?
We are looking for qualified Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Paramedics and Nurses with clinical knowledge and experience for an exciting new role when you are ready for a change, right now or in the near future.
In this varied role as a Disability Assessor you will:
* Speak to people with a wide range of conditions and disabilities via telephone consultations (whilst we have COVID restrictions)
* Conduct consultations with people seeking PIP (Personal Independence Payment)
* Draw on your experience as a clinical expert in your area. It is not essential but you may currently hold a membership to CSP, CoP, RCOT or RCN as a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Nurse or Paramedic
* Use your expert clinical knowledge and guidelines set out by the DwP to make accurate evaluations
* Expand your medical knowledge as you handle a diverse case load to produce detailed reviews
Every case is different, and no two days are ever the same, so to thrive in this role as a Disability Assessor you will need to:
* Demonstrate a minimum of 2 years experience as a Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Paramedic or Nurse
* Be HCPC / NMC registered
* Have a good homeworking environment
* Enjoy working with claimants (patients) on a one to one basis
* Have good communication and strong interpersonal skills
* Be able to write 30 words per minute on a keyboard and have the ability to type notes during a conversation
We will provide all the training you will need to transition into this new role as a Disability Assessor through a 25-week induction programme and ongoing peer support from a range of health professionals. You'll find our thorough in-house development is well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional clinical registration.
In return you can expect excellent benefits, including:
* 25 days' annual leave, with the option to buy 10 and sell up to five days
* Employer-matched pension scheme, up to 10%
* Life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual professional registration fee
* Health screening every two years (after one year's service)
* Thorough in-house and professional training and development
* Flexible benefits tailored to your needs including travel or dental insurance, cycle to work scheme and more
We know you want to use your medical skills to support the nation at this difficult time, so we can offer various start dates for when you are ready to move.
Click apply now to enjoy expert training, skills development, generous benefits and a great work/life balance.
Rest assured, during the recruitment and onboarding process we will be adhering to the social distancing guidance from the government - there will be no face to face interviews and successful candidates will be working from home with travel to assessment centres for team meetings, training and as required.
Independent Assessment Services are a Disability Confident Employer and in The Times Top 50 employers for women. They also have award-winning Employee Support Networks - To encourage a diverse team and make sure everyone feels welcome and included, there are seven Employee Support Networks for various groups: Members of the Armed Forces (Armed Forces Network, which received the Golden Award 2016), Generational Diversity (Aeon Network), Ability (Adapt Network), Gender (Aspire Network), LGBT + and friends (Pride Network), Cultural (Together Network), and Returners to Work.